Compared to traditional refrigeration solutions, CO2 technology is much safer. In fact, the gas is natural and non-toxic, which avoids clients having to install additional equipment and safety programs. This obviously results in cost savings.
Gadget: savings between installing an ammonia system for example, and one of our systems.
However, CO2 needs to operate at high-pressure. In order to ensure that our systems have all the required safety standards we have fitted them with safety features.
- The machine is subjected to pressure tests.
- We test each component and then the entire machine with our quality control system.
- We perform tests to detect leaks in the refrigerant circuit and electrical tests.
Safety during operation and maintenance:
- Use of safety valves and relief valves for complete safety in high or low temperatures.
Safety of the electrical system:
- All units are pre-wired for controls and power.
- The equipment is equipped with circuit breakers.
- We provide a CO2 sensor. If there is a leak, the tool will detect the PPM level and sound an alarm when a minimum or maximum is reached.
- The system is equipped with pressure alarms for oil and refrigerant temperatures.
Protection and safety / emergency system
- Transfer button at low temperature.
For indoor skating rinks, CO2 is the obvious choice. It is safer and less expensive.